#WorkingWomenWednesday: Annie Plachta
Today, we're pleased to feature Annie Plachta. Annie Plachta is the Co-President of Harvard Business School Student Association. She's a woman in finance, work-out-fanatic and student-leader extraordinaire. Read more to learn about what inspires her and who motivates her! (Plus check out our Instagram Reel to see how she styles our Aline jacket!)
- What do you currently do?
- I am a second year MBA student at Harvard Business School and the co-president of our student government
- I plan to continue working in finance after graduation, and I’m excited to get to work with a broad group of companies and learn how to help them grow and improve their businesses.
- I’ve been working in my studio apartment with my cat, but I try to go to campus and work as often as I can.
- It’s no secret that there are not many women in finance which can be an exhausting dynamic. I hope that I can serve as a mentor to other women who want to work in the industry and help them grow their careers so we can improve the balance.
- In the past, I’ve typically measured success against certain benchmark achievements like getting into a certain school or working a specific job. This a valid way to measure success and I am thankful for where it’s gotten me, However, after graduation, I want to focus more on my own happiness and whether I’m serving others.
- Working out – I do a lot of yoga and indoor cycling, both of which help center me
- My friends and personal Board of Directors! I am lucky to have a number of relationships with incredible people who inspire me through their own successes and challenges, and they inspire me to do the same.
- I can’t claim this as a personal creation, but I try to remember that the point of working in business is to provide opportunity for others.