#WorkingWomenWednesday: Asha Tanwar
Today, for #WorkingWomenWednesday, we're sharing Asha Tanwar. She's a second year MBA student. A former investment banker turned VC investor: she's eager to make a change in finance while seeing the world. Read more about Asha below!
- What do you currently do?
- I am currently a second-year student at Harvard Business School
- What excites you most about your career path?
- I am excited about transitioning into a technology investing role. I love meeting founders building transformative companies and solving challenging problems.
- How have you been working during COVID?
- I was lucky enough to do my summer internship in person, which was great! But I am now working on a number of investing projects virtually and it’s definitely a challenge too.
- What challenges do you hope to change in the industry you’re currently in?
- Finance is notoriously slow to change and I hope to eventually be in a position where I can encourage other women to join and stay and make their way to the top and advocate for change from the inside.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- I’m still figuring that part out!
- What does success mean to you?
- Success to me is all about finding a place where I feel intellectually stimulated, challenged and happy working with the people who are smart, inclusive and collaborative.
- What makes you feel confident?
- Being well prepared, digging into the detail of problems and having a team I can rely on makes me feel confident. As does dressing the part!
- Who/what inspires you?
- I am inspired by women around the world who have overcome incredible hardships to get where they are today and who reach out to lift up younger women coming behind them.
- How did you get into blogging?
- I love travelling (pre-COVID) and it started as a way of sharing my photos with my friends and family when I was abroad.
Shop Asha's jacket, the Aline, here!